When last I posted, my plan was to write Part 2 the next day. Just goes to show you what can happen to plans. Running a business more or less on my own makes for very, very busy times. So the next day turned out to be three weeks later. This is part of my lesson, I’m sure, learning to let go of plans, preconceptions, and perfections, and just go with the flow. Not easy for someone with as much fixed energy in their chart as I have, but I’m working on it.
Upcoming Lecture at the CAAC
And that’s what Part 2 is about, other things that I’m working on. In the Busy as the Summer Bees post I told you about the new Café Aquarius Astrology Center I’ve brought into bee-ing (okay, bad pun, but really, would you have passed it up?) Part of the CAAC’s offerings is a Lecture Night once a month, with talks on astrological topics. Tomorrow, on 27 July, I will be opening the series with a lecture titled Heading into 2012, Or What To Expect For The Rest of 2011.
Basically, I’m going to go over some of the more important transits (where the planets are and will be, and what geometric aspects they make to each other in the sky). I’ll tell you about the energies associated with those planetary placements, and how they might affect your life, and the world in general. Not exactly a 5-month horoscope, but kinda, sorta, something like that.
If you’re in the San Francisco Bay Area and would like to attend this lecture, you can do these things:
- Visit our MeetUp site and RSVP for the event. I’d appreciate that as it helps me know how many guests to set up the room for.
- Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Come to the lecture at the Café Aquarius Astrology Center, 1298 65th St, Emeryville, CA 94608. At 7:00pm on Wednesday the 27th of July. There are free shuttles to within one block from the MacArthur BART and other locations. There is also free parking in the garage across the street from Café Aquarius.
I’ve been asked by a number of people when and where I’ll be speaking. I’m just now starting to work on a public speaking schedule; the setting up of the café put all that on hold for a while. But I’m back at it, and will soon be available. I’ll be presenting on a number of topics from now until the end of the year. If you’d like to consider having me come to your group, school, workshop, meeting, etc, then please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Another project I’m heavily into right now is teaching Astrology. I have two main courses that I’ll be teaching, starting in September:
- Introduction to Psychological Astrology: a 9-week course in which you’ll learn the fundamentals of Astrology, and how to use the ancient myths and psychological archetypes in your chart interpretations. By the end of the course, even if you’ve never seen an astrological chart before, you’ll be able to understand the symbols and know how to interpret them. If you’re already familiar with Astrology, this course focuses on the psychological component, which can broaden your ideas and give new meaning to the way you read charts. This course will be held on Monday nights at the Café Aquarius Astrology Center, 1298 65th St, Emeryville, CA 94608.
- San Francisco Astrological Society Intermediate Satellite Course: small, informal groups that focus on a specific theme. This year we have three themes: the Saturn Cycle, Outer Planet Transits, and Venus and Relationships. Each topic will have 3, once-a-month classes to go over the topic, and look at our charts in relationship to that topic. The groups will meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month. You can check San Francisco Astrological Society for more information or contact Fabienne Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, yes, still busy, sharing models of the world that bring new insight, information that helps with inner and outer work, and working to aid the rise in consciousness that our entry into the Age of Aquarius has begun. Walking the talk, as best I can, with only one body in this incarnation…